Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Suna Genin Graduation Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Chikamatsu no Hina

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-06-07
Location : Standing directly behind you...

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sat 27 Jul - 23:24

Which would give for excellent play. ^^ (I think?) I mean, I know ICMeran isn't thrilled about having his sister as his sensei. Razz But it makes for very fun roleplay.

Also, I'm back. Not that I think anyone missed me, since I could post anyway. No Hina-NPCing! Jay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koui Nomaru

avatar

Posts : 386
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 26
Location : Your girlfriends bed

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sun 28 Jul - 3:49

Chikamatsu no Hina wrote:
Which would give for excellent play. ^^ (I think?) I mean, I know ICMeran isn't thrilled about having his sister as his sensei. :PBut it makes for very fun roleplay.

Also, I'm back. Not that I think anyone missed me, since I could post anyway. No Hina-NPCing! Jay!

Nomaru missed her Suna-Smooch. Very Happy

Also: It's going to be sooooo much fun for 4-eyes. ;D Admin and I had a brilliant idea for one of Sourans puppets, wahahahahha! And since he is kinda pissed off as it is... Hehe... ^^ Just glad I don't have to have him as my sensei. Nomaru's in a much better situation as it seems, tied up and stuff. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikamatsu no Hina

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-06-07
Location : Standing directly behind you...

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sun 11 Aug - 1:36

Apparently we all got a bit carried away in the Suna Genin Graduation Event (Regular one.)
Ehrm, how do we solve this? Do Hiten and Meran get to post one huge topic each and just reply to everything? (Making them pretty passive.) Or do we backtrack a bit? We could maybe delete posts, but save them somewhere and then just rewrite them?
Ideas and suggestions anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikamatsu no Mukade

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2013-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sun 11 Aug - 1:49

Koui Nomaru wrote:
Also: It's going to be sooooo much fun for 4-eyes. ;D Admin and I had a brilliant idea for one of Sourans puppets, wahahahahha! And since he is kinda pissed off as it is... Hehe... ^^ Just glad I don't have to have him as my sensei. Nomaru's in a much better situation as it seems, tied up and stuff. xD
I am both excited and horrified.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakurai Akira

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sun 11 Aug - 3:53

Chikamatsu no Hina wrote:
Apparently we all got a bit carried away in the Suna Genin Graduation Event (Regular one.)
Ehrm, how do we solve this? Do Hiten and Meran get to post one huge topic each and just reply to everything? (Making them pretty passive.) Or do we backtrack a bit? We could maybe delete posts, but save them somewhere and then just rewrite them?
Ideas and suggestions anyone?
Excellent idea.

What say you, admin?

Also, Mukade, GODS! Emperor Kuzco! LOVE that movie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikamatsu no Hina

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-06-07
Location : Standing directly behind you...

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sun 11 Aug - 6:46

Meran has already posted and opted for the "quiet and fuming with anger"-option. Which is quite an elegant solution. Though I have no idea how to play on this. Razz My only guess is that Hina didn't think about that, or thought of Kazenkou as being the best option or something like that. Because, yeah, Meran has been complaining a lot about her. (Though not on this forum, and thus not "in my time". But he certainly has been complaining about Kazenkou to Hina and the others.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakurai Akira

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sun 11 Aug - 7:28

I already know how Akira's going to respond, but I'll wait for Hiten to post first.

_________________
Akira's profile page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meran

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sun 11 Aug - 8:08

Especially Hina knows how Kazenkou and Meran are together and Hina might even have gotten blamed for her pranks along with Meran. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikamatsu no Hina

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-06-07
Location : Standing directly behind you...

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Mon 12 Aug - 3:38

Yeah, you're right Meran. But that's something I know IC, and not so much OC. Can we call it a beginners mistake? Since this is our first event and all? Razz(We should've private SQ'd more, but we never had the time for that.) I think I'll go for a "Hina is too relieved that Akira is alright, wants someone to do something about Souran and is glad that the person that is least likely to betray and kill them will have responsibility over them" as an excuse for why she didn't think it through enough. But she will also have a "Oh shit.. I forgot about that. Our pranking days are over! D'=" moment, I think.

I'll wait for Hiten as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Fri 23 Aug - 2:45

[First to answer Meran's question/suggestion. A calculator is a computer, an electrical alarm clock is a computer, any camera that uses microchip technology, is a computer, a tv....is a computer. It calculates things digitally. In World of Darkness, on which the skill list was based, the same skill (with the same meaning of electro technology.) has the same name, and does exactly the same thing. And it is described in the Skill list on this site that THAT is what it is for. Technology would be wrong, because a wheel is technology, but not a computer, yet a video camera is definitely a computer. And btw, windows 98 technology for during when Naruto had the Chuunin exams. Even concidering the fact technology advancement might go a lot slower in this universe on this continent, still about 38 years passed since then, I am pretty sure we're up to windows XP technology and DVD's by now as well as some nice flat-screens. Thank god no smarthphone tech yet.....yet...
But in all seriousness, the suggestion you gave is already implemented in the system. You just failed to perform a check roll. I merely told you not to play it out as if Meran simply knew or could tell the weaknesses of the camera's. Now if you would have considered the fact that his computer skill is an absolute 0 ....and thus no prior knowledge about ANY of such item can be played out. (is cheating technically) You could have still done a check on it...like...what could be the weaknesses...we would then take your 10 int.... + 1....is 6 dice....and then remove the penalty for being untrained.... - 3 for mental skills....and perform a roll....3 dice in your case...to determine the weaknesses Meran can spot on them. Someone with intelligence of 4 would have had a negative number here and would be unable to figure it out. I simply pointed you to the fact that you should perform a check for an untrained skill, rather than assume that your high int stat would automatically allow you to figure everything out.  And believe me, the computer skill has the words. General Understanding/Knowledge of Electra technology. And electra technology is EVERYTHING that runs on electricity. Thus also camcorders and microphones. Now then that we've had this bit....let us continue on with the trouble at hand in the event. Also on a notion of other characters and creation I have noticed this as well, the problem here is not with me though, but with the fact that people apperantly think their academy student should rather have C-rank Buki Jutsu (weapon skills on par with a Chuunin) or a Brawl skill of A-rank. (on par with a high level Jounin) rather than have them do a bit of everything and actually have them get some social and evironmental development such as socialize, animal-ken, expression, computers and so on. Simply because they all thought these would NEVER be used unless it is for a Jutsu. Why do you think you get so many points at start for skills in comparison to everything else...because you have so many of them that would be handy to allocate your points to. Not so that you could achieve C,B and A rank skills as an ACADEMY STUDENT. Wink....so dun blame me, for wanting to make a character that was especially good at shinobi stuff but had to sacrifice his normal/social life and the understanding thereof for this. >___<   ....I dont wish to force players to do so either, because they should have the freedom to do these things as well. ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neonaruto.actieforum.com
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Fri 23 Aug - 11:02

By the way, ıs Mukade stıll wıth us? Or dıd my post ın the clan dıscussıon chase hım away?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neonaruto.actieforum.com
Chikamatsu no Hina

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-06-07
Location : Standing directly behind you...

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Fri 23 Aug - 11:29

Clan discussion? Where? Did I miss something?
Oh, and I have no idea where he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakurai Akira

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Fri 23 Aug - 16:29

In the clan/non clan discussion thread, Hina Wink Admin and Mukade got into a... disagreement. Regardless, I don't know where he is either.

_________________
Akira's profile page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chikamatsu no Hina

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-06-07
Location : Standing directly behind you...

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Fri 23 Aug - 21:04

Does it have anything to do with the Chikamatsu clan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Fri 23 Aug - 23:20

No ıt had somethıng to do wıth hım wantıng a new bloodlıne to be ımplemented ınto the game, but he wanted hıs character to be super duper specıal and rare and sue and so to that end needed ıt to be a Kekeı Tota, an elemental bloodlıne of the "flesh release" ...and when I trıed to tell hım ıt would probably be more logıcal to just make ıt a non-elemental bloodlıne lıke the Kaguya and Kımmemaro, feelıng hıs plan of beıng a super rare mega specıal anomaly wow threatened he felt ıt needed to ınsult me, to whıch I sımply denıed hıs bloodlıne all together ınsultıng hım rıght back. Sorry I don't deal wıth power players well and even worse wıth people who want to be extra super specıal wıthout workıng super specıaly hard for ıt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neonaruto.actieforum.com
Chikamatsu no Hina

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2013-06-07
Location : Standing directly behind you...

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sat 24 Aug - 4:52

Ah. It would be very childish of him to stay away after something like that. (Especially if it's without saying anything.) But I don't think that he's quit. He probably has some other things to do. Smile
But, good job, Admin! We don't need powerplayers. Everyone can be awesome, and will probably get enough support from you to be that, but it will take IC and OC time and you have to work for it. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakurai Akira

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Sat 24 Aug - 5:52

I've spoken with Mukade and he's not gone, he just has a lot of stuff going on IRL that takes up a lot of his time right now. After he finishes with his work he'll figure out what to do about this situation and post in Suna ch.2.

_________________
Akira's profile page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meran

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Mon 26 Aug - 11:41

Admin,

I did not raise the point to nag or complain, I rather like to point out a flaw I personally experienced. Due to things not having been written out to a degree they perhaps should be, characters are designed on the basis of the direction to which players like to go.

Besides that, the technological advancement wasn't clear enough. Personally the technological advancement is too advanced for me as you describe it, but that is a choice you have made, which is cool. But for me, it was not clear that we were that advanced.

I would personally still like to see a description of what things are determined by skills, to prevent these miscommunications and mistakes, because other players have opted out certain other skills as well.
For instance, it would be handy to know, that investigation is used as a "spot" check, and also opposes the Stealth skill.

Such information is more than welcome and I would appreciate it if such information could be known to the site. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Tue 27 Aug - 7:25

Hmmmm, I only later figured your point with that comment Meran.
And perhaps you are right there indeed if these things are still unclear.
Perhaps these things indeed need a bit more of an explanatory text....
right Yorukasa.....right Green???? Razz
As in reffering to the fact that I asked those two to take care of the flavor text before I even started on the Jutsu lists here. >___>
But hey we started and all was forgotten.
But yes, that would probably indeed be handy as well as perhaps an explanation as to why and what for one gets so many starting CP for skills and that they probably shouldn't be used with too much emphasis on just the shinobi and battle/chakra skills. But perhaps a bit more on the social, urban civilian side, as too not have Chuunin level skilled Academy students who appear largely asocial or lack social skills and basic common knowledges of life as they focused too much on the combat part of their character creation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neonaruto.actieforum.com
Sakurai Akira

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Tue 27 Aug - 8:06

Now we're talking about skills being unclear:

Animal ken
'Communication with animals', says the description.

Juugo came to mind when I read this while I was busy with Akira's creation. Because I thought talking with animals was not something Akira was going to be doing, I deemed the skill unnecessary for her and I put zero points in that skill.

I did want her knowledgeable about animals, nature and surviving, but I figured that was all part of survival skill.

But recently I've been told by green and blue that animal ken is knowledge about animals! Even though it doesn't say so in the description. Which made me go confused 

So admin, what says you?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meran

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Tue 27 Aug - 12:06

I say it is more about knowledge of animal behavior as well as the extend of knowledge of animals beyond which is dangerous and what to avoid (in your own homeland). The latter two are more survival.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Wed 28 Aug - 4:39

Well it depends what kind of knowledge about the animals, what animals are there and how to avoid them?
How to communicate with them?

And Akira....kick Green next time he says this....you have my permission, he was responsible for the flavor text and explanation of it all. So if he claims it does something it doesn't say....it doesn't.

But Animal Ken is a social skill....thus communication with animals, it is also encompassing their behavior and body language.

Survival will not give you any info about the specifics of an animal or their behavior unless those can be utilized for food and will only give you enough info on them to do so.
It might help you avoid certain animals that are dangerous by giving you guidelines, but it will not allow you to know the weak-spots of animals and such.

Animal Ken is for communicating with animals. It is a social skills. Survival is a physical skill so it is more about applied techniques than socializing, knowledge or communication.
You know how to make a campfire etc...

In short it depends more on the specifics of the problem you have with an animal.

Survival skill = Will tell you which animals to avoid and which to utilize/eat.
Animal Ken = Will let you tame an animal and socially manipulate it or understand what it means when it wags it's tail.

Someone with a high survival skill will set up a tricky trap to catch a rabit. But not know shit about the rabbit aside from how to catch and eat it. (about as much as a wolf does.)
Someone with a high Animal Ken could persuade the rabbit to trust him and jump into his arms and catch him without a trap and/or could gain information from that rabbit perhaps about the wearabout of more rabbits or perhaps even enemy forces.
Someone with survival skill would achieve this info through other means rather than communicating with/reding the animal's behavior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neonaruto.actieforum.com
Sakurai Akira

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Wed 28 Aug - 5:28

Thanks for the explanation, Admin! :)It is as I thought then, and I'm really happy with it. Though I do think I'm going to up Akira's animal ken skill in the future.

Basically, I wanted her to have knowledge about what animals to watch out for in the desert and what animals or animal parts are edible. She's into poison so I also wanted her to know which animals are poisonous.

She doesn't know jackshit about animal behavior and wouldn't know how to communicate with them, but she does know

- what it looks like when it wants to hurt you
(example: a mohave rattlesnake rattles its tail and curls its body up in an s-shape. Akira would know this means it's poised to attack and to watch out because rattlers are venomous. She doesn't know the hows and whys behind the behavior. She might not even know its name, just that it's some kind of rattlesnake)

- where to find certain animals
(like scorpions who can be found in rocky areas, rabbits can be found in holes and in general prey animals will be near a ready water supply. For Akira it could mean: avoid or thoroughly check rocky areas where scorpions may hide if you want to set up camp, if you come across a hole there might be a rabbit in there that you can eat and if you find a ready water supply like a small stream or an oasis, if you wait long enough some animal will come down to drink there and you can take it down for food)

Basically: when it comes to animals, Akira can only look at them with the skills she has. In her case, survival skills. That's what you're saying, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 658
Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Wed 28 Aug - 12:22

Well yep, ın some cases multıple checks can be made on the varıous skılls possıbly ınvolved. She knows what she needs for survıval stuff about anımals to the extend of her rank ın ıt ıs essentıaly my answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neonaruto.actieforum.com
Chikamatsu no Mukade

avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2013-06-29
Age : 23
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   Thu 29 Aug - 22:28

Admin wrote:
No ıt had somethıng to do wıth hım wantıng a new bloodlıne to be ımplemented ınto the game, but he wanted hıs character to be super duper specıal and rare and sue and so to that end needed ıt to be a Kekeı Tota, an elemental bloodlıne of the "flesh release"
the ONLY reason I suggested that was because I THOUGHT you'd prefer it like that, since you already said you didn't want new clans to suddenly appear, it made sense that it could START as something akin to Hashirama. if you didn't like that you need only say.


Admin wrote:
and when I trıed to tell hım ıt would probably be more logıcal to just make ıt a non-elemental bloodlıne lıke the Kaguya and Kımmemaro, feelıng hıs plan of beıng a super rare mega specıal anomaly wow threatened he felt ıt needed to ınsult me,
I did NOT insult you... or if I did I did not see it...
also, How would being like either of those make it any less rare? You're only proving you completely misunderstood what I was on about. And the whole kekkei tota thing was ONLY because that was the only way I could see it logically working. The whole reason I wanted to start a thread just to discuss it with you was because I wanted to DISCUSS it, learn where your mind was and find something that would make us both happy.


Admin wrote:
Sorry I don't deal wıth power players well and even worse wıth people who want to be extra super specıal wıthout workıng super specıaly hard for ıt.
Chikamatsu no Hina wrote:
But, good job, Admin! We don't need powerplayers. Everyone can be awesome, and will probably get enough support from you to be that, but it will take IC and OC time and you have to work for it. ^^
I am NOT a power player!!!
I HATE over powered characters and I hate playing them. there's no depth or interestingness... well okay, perhaps there could still be a little, but only if its earn't.
Also, I have never ONCE played or even dreamed up an over powered character that wasn't a joke, or in mid mental design.

.... well okay, there may have been ONE star wars character, but I earn't that over many months of hard work.

I will begrudgingly admit however that I am a big fan of unique characters, and strongly desire those most of the time. but even then I'm usually more then happy to earn that uniqueness. Just look at Mukade, he couldn't be more typical at the moment (apart from the voice perhaps), but I have some interesting ideas for him.



P.S. I'm not even really interested in this idea much any-more. only if it were a Senju, then maybe.
What I'm considering now is a medical nin from either Kirigakure who could learn a cephalopode summoning contract, or one from Juugo's clan.

P.S.S If this wasn't the appropriate thread to say this I apologise... I wasn't sure how else I should have done it. I just felt I needed to reply to a couple of those comments, sorry.


Last edited by Chikamatsu no Mukade on Thu 29 Aug - 22:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some words at the end.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Suna Genin Graduation Event   

Back to top Go down
 
Suna Genin Graduation Event
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tomoko, Mana [Suna Genin]
» Koga, Umitetsu | Suna [Genin]
» Asakura, Temi [Suna Genin]
» Tengan, Roku [Suna Genin; WiP]
» Shishio Koga | Suna | Genin

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo Naruto RPG :: Community Discussion and Random Chat :: Event Discussion-
Jump to: