Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hiten

Hiten

Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun - 11:14

Hiten closed his eyes and repeated the questions that the jounin asked him in his head. "Prosperity, Peace will not last without prosperity."
He then looked at the jounin and swallowed, was this some kind of trick question?.. What did the man mean with his kind?.. "My answer to your second question is The village. Because it keeps the persons that are important to me and the country safe."
At the third question he stayed silent for a moment closed his eyes again for a few seconds and then stared straight at the jounin. "Kindness is not needed in a war. It is needed after it... Showing kindness in war will only cost resources that are better used to win it."
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun - 11:35

Akira listened to Hiten answer the questions. She inwardly smiled at his words, he was being honest. Almost to a fault, considering he was speaking to the Daimyou supporting pacifist called Isago. The man probably wouldn't like his answers all too much. Not that she gave a damn about Isago and his opinions, and she respected Hiten for voicing his own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun - 10:12

Isago would place his palm to his chin and look upwards amused pondering for a moment.
"Hmmm..."
He would then chuckle and nod to Hiten.
"Alright then...if that's how you feel. Though one should chase peace first and foremost, prosperity comes with peace...and yes,sometimes wars are needed to secure this peace, but without it prosperity is impossible...this is why wars should be as short and effective as possible. Because they take away prosperity and burn out the resources of those involved. Those around them that in the meantime enjoy prolonged peace have prospered far more in the meantime."
He gave the boy a knowing gaze and another nod before walking to the table and picking up a tanto.

Back to top Go down
https://neonaruto.rpg-board.net
Hiten

Hiten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul - 4:49

Hiten followed the jounin to the table and stared at it for a minute. 'Hmm Tanto for close range, A kunai for balance or.. A senbon needle...maybe a staff'.' He ran through various plans in his mind and picked the senbon needle. And followed toward the designated duel area after putting the needle in his pouch while molding chakra for the upcoming duel.

The boy took his position on the other side of the designated area and gave the jounin a polite bow.

(Actions taken - 4x chakra molding and taking the time for it.. Recharging the rest and offcourse picking up the needle etc etc)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul - 10:21

As Hiten began his battle, Ranmaru would have already chosen himself another opponent, unlike with the battle the darker skinned Jounin had against Meran, here he didn't seem to use more than just one single bunshin technique at the start before defeating the Academy student and handing him the weapon, leaving him to stay an academy student.
Souran would almost suddenly appear before Akira.
"I see malice in your eyes." He would smirk behind his mask pleased.
"Also I sense a lot of passion and care." He would then add in his deep voice.
"But the malice...is stronger." He chuckled softly and nodded to the girl not even asking her any questions aside from one.
"Tell me child, why do you wish to become a shinobi?" He would say but he wouldn't wait for the reply as they were standing quite close to the table actualy, the masked Jounin taking a kunai this time as he glanced over at Akira, waiting for her to pick her weapon while he stayed close to her until she would give him his answer, interrested in it, yet not wanting to wait for it.
His desire to fight seemed rather strong for doing so.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jul - 23:18

Akira listened quietly to Hiten's opponent. A typical reaction, coming from the pacifist. She wasn't surprised in the least. Peace this, peace that. Shinobi live for battle... If the world was at peace, there would be no need for shinobi. The village relies on shinobi. There will be no prosperity for villages if the world would forever be at peace.
Again, she resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

Hiten picked a single senbon, which she thought to be a peculiar choice but she knew Hiten would know what to do with it. He probably had a plan formed in his mind already.

And while she was looking at Hiten pick his weapon, the burly Chikamatsu suddenly appeared in front of her. She didn't move a muscle, she stood rigid as she felt the surprise hit her. She'd be damned if she let it show.
"I see malice in your eyes," the big man spoke as he looked down at her.
No shit, she thought vehemently. Her intense dislike must've been apparent then, even though she'd done her best to remain stoic.
"Also I sense a lot of passion and care," he continued before chuckling and saying: "But the malice... is stronger."
Akira almost smirked. Almost. He thought he knew her? Think again.

But he had nodded at her, which meant she had finally been chosen to have her worth evaluated. Despite her dislike for the man she felt relief... and excitement. Of course she accepted his invitation and when he turned around and decided to ask her a question anyway--she almost thought she'd get away with no questions asked at all, but alas--she answered without hesitation.
"Tell me child, why do you wish to become a shinobi?"
Oh, how she hated his derogatory tone, he might as well have called her a toddler. Ignoring this, for she hadn't given him a nod or bow out of respect either, she answered: "I wish to be a shinobi so I can attain and maintain control of my life."

He picked a kunai which she duly noted... after all, Hina had picked a kunai as well, it might well be that since they were both Chikamatsu she could expect the same sort of techniques. But regardless of the weapon he would have chosen, she already knew what she would pick.

She walked calmly and surely over to ninjato, picking it up with deliberate movements and holding it securely in her hand. She turned to face him, face neutral but eyes fierce. "Let's dance."

(As soon as the Chikamatsu nods at her, Akira begins preparing for her fight by molding her chakra, hereby using her chakra molding specialty. She uses 4 PE and 4 ME and turns it into chakra. (with chakra molding specialty))
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 8:31

--battle--

After the fall knocked her breathless, Akira lay sprawled on her back flat on the ground. White hot pain blinded her vision for a moment.

Two blows had he given her. The first had been painful but compared to the next one bearable, the second excruciating. She'd felt the bones crack and splinter. She knew her shoulder was completely fucked up.

She'd been hurt before, yes. But never hurt like this.

Her breath hitched as her conscience started to leave her and her vision became speckled with black dots. The pain was horrible... but as she started passing out, it started to fade away. She liked it.

However, a feeling of urgency had her eyes widen and her lungs take in a gasp of air. There would be no losing conscience. It was only pain! It was no different from mistakes on the training field. It would serve as a reminder to keep doing better, become stronger! She shouldn't want to flee the pain. She should welcome it, have it encourage her!

This won't be the last time I get hurt... Stay awake!

The fall to the ground only intensified the aches in her body. But she grit her teeth together and remained aware of what went on around her, the best she could. Ignoring the pain was impossible though.

Then she saw Souran coming at her from above. She realized she needed to get away lest she got hurt even more. She could hardly move though. Her good arm and legs shifted a little at her will, but there was no way she would be able to get herself up, let alone get out of the way in time.

The last thing that went through her wasn't despair though. For some strange reason her pained body and the burly man that hurt her so and coming at her to hurt her more... did not make her afraid.

A wave of bloody rage went through her body so passionate she believed Souran must have have been able to see it as her stormy grey eyes hatefully, resentfully pierced his own as he came down.

Then there was darkness for a moment and she wondered briefly if something was wrong with her eyes, before she realized there was a layer of sand hovering above her.

"Chikamatsu no Souran! What do you think you're doing?!"

Was that... Kazenkou? She didn't hate herself for the relieved sigh that escaped her body, despite everything, including how it pained her body to have her chest heave up and down. Kazenkou saved her...
Back to top Go down
Hiten

Hiten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul - 10:43

Hiten stared at Akira's combat and tried to read Sourans movements. Maybe he could learn a thing or two. But then the fight turned into something horrible to watch. He was in conflict about what to do.. Help his friend or. Just hope that Isago would jump in.. Surely they had to see that Souran was breaking the rules and severely injured Akira.. 'Crap!...'
But at the moment he sand blocked the attack he knew it was over..

He looked at Isago. "Am I allowed to help Akira now?.."
Hiten was worried..And wanted to make sure his friend was not severely wounded.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul - 7:29

Isago would take a deep breath looking at the situation worried and then gave a nod in Hiten's direction without taking his eyes off Souran.

The puppet user would quickly jump back away from the pile of sand and glared at Kazenkou.
"The battle...wasn't....OVER!!!" He growled.

Kazenkou would narrow her eyes.
"You've done enough damage, this is a ritual, not a bar brawl." She would spit back at the masked man.

Souran growled even more taking big firm yet slow steps towards Kazenkou.
"Fine then, enough is enough....she fails!" He would say right as he passed Kazenkou not even giving her a glance.

The Princess of Suna chuckled to this as a smirk crept to her lips.
"Nope! She passes."

Souran stopped in his tracks.
"Noooooooo....." He streached the word with an annoyed tone.
"She Fails....I was her examiner and thus I decide. And I say she fails." He would then say angrily and continue walking.

Kazenkou would smile even wider and then laugh right out.
"Wrong again Souran-chan!"

Souran would stop and turn around angrily steam coming from his ears. "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!"
At this Ranmaru would place a palm to his chest.
"Easy there...not here....not now."
Souran calmed down as Kazenkou chuckled and continued.

"Like I just said, this is a ritual, not a bar brawl. And rituals have symbolism and symbolic value. And those values each have their reasons. If you wanted to fail Akira-chan...you would have to stick your weapon into the ground....But you don't have your weapon....do you?" Kazenou grinned and turned around to face Souran as she made the sand which she used to cover Akira from the strike move around and carefully move beneath her lifting her up a bit to help her lay more comfortable and less painful .

Souran's eyes widened shocked at these words and as he realized he indeed did not have his weapon.
"What?!"

Kazenkou raised her shoulders.
"Yep! And without your weapon you can't fail her. That is...unless she decides she fails."

At his Kazenkou would glance back to Akira.
"Well, Do you fail...or are you now a Genin?" The Jinshuriki said with a smile.

Souran was breathing slowly and with rage.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul - 8:28

Despite her pain, Akira had to resist the urge to smile a wicked and triumphant smile at the burly Chikamatsu. Instead, the smile that appeared on her face was modest... and genuine as she faced Kazenkou.

"I am a genin." To be able to say the words out loud felt exhilarating.

Then she decided: to hell with modesty.

She had previously thought there had to be something Souran had seen in her, but she now knew that had likely never been the case. He had been set on failing her from the start. Was that really just because he wanted to fight Hina but couldn't? What a sour loser.

Also... to think that he'd had the intent to deal her fatal blows. Thinking back on it, it was a miracle she was still alive. Why didn't some of his blows do the damage he'd meant for them to do? But he had truly wanted to kill her, it appeared.

Nevermind the fact she'd done the same to him, but she reasoned that was an entirely different matter. She was barely a genin and he was a jounin. Of course she expected him to hold his own. And it was entirely acceptable that she had gone all out on him.
Well, maybe not the lethal intent...
Anyway, if she hadn't he would've swatted her away like a puny little fly. In the end, that was exactly what he'd done. Yes, going all out had been the right thing to do.

And look at her now. Beaten, hurt... and a genin.

She didn't feel an inkling of regret when she showed that repugnant man the most viciously victorious smile she could muster.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Jul - 8:47

Kazenkou would look between Souran and Akira before seeing the girl's victorious smile as she would then chuckle once more towards Souran before turning around and walking towards the fresh new Genin extending her palm at the side of her body as a body of sand would form itself beside her handing her a forehead protector from within itself.
"Why thank you....and look like I got myself a new student." Kazenkou smiled widely as she fastened the forehead protector onto the girl's forehead with a proud smile and then nod to the rather hurt girl.
"As I am sure having survived this, the rest of the examination would be a breeze to her. Even with her shoulder."

The Jounin would settle down besides Akira on one knee and glance to Hiten.
"Please wait outside for now, we'll need to have her hospitalized for at least tonight." The Sabaku spoke giving the boy a nod and then smile back at Akira rubbing the girl's cheek.
"You did exceptionally well, it's alright to relax now and calm down. You've made it." She would say before standing up off her knee again and turning to the Academy teachers.
"Get us a Medical team here right away!" She would command and then from behind her out of seemingly nowhere the woman had a sign board, the sign reading ~~~"NOW DAMNIT!!!"~~~

Souran huffed but then Ranmaru shook his head at him and repeated
"Not here, not now....not like this."

The HEAT leader that had just entered as the battle escalated would likewise walk up to Souran and place a palm on his shoulder whispering something into his ear.
"FINE!" The Chikamatsu Jounin spat out and then turned around and sighed calming himself down.
before bowing to the crowd but nobody specific.
"Please forgive my rudeness during this ritual. It will not happen again. I have let myself go." This man would show restraint for the first time today. And for the first time in a long while in fact.
"I shall beg my leave now." He would say as he began to walk off outside together with Ranmaru and Guuzou.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 9:03

The feeling of accomplishment was enormous when Kazenkou tied the hitai-ate around her forehead. It was official now, she was a genin! At least, if she made it through the rest of the examination. But she didn't feel any worries, especially after hearing Meran's older sister's words. Speaking of words...

"Am I going to be your student, Kazenkou... sensei?" The suffix rolled tentatively off her tongue. Could it be true? It was what the older woman had implied, but maybe she had misinterpreted.

Off to the side she saw Hiten and almost felt bad for only having noticed him now. However, the hitai-ate on his forehead put her at ease. He had succeeded in his battle too, though obviously in a much better shape than she had. As she tried to lift herself up she winced. She was in bad shape indeed.

Ignoring her pains for the moment, she told her friend:  "Congrats, I knew you could do it." And he knew it, too. She wasn't surprised he'd made it, though she felt it appropriate to tell him anyway.
"Please wait outside for now, we'll need to have her hospitalized for at least tonight," Kazenkou said, nodding at Hiten.

Inwardly, Akira sighed. Thank goodness she was going to be healed. Hopefully she would feel well enough for the rest of the examination. "Hiten, tell Hina and Meran I'm fine! I've just got a broken bone I think. Whatever, I'll survive!" She tried to laugh a little, as good and as bad as it went with her shoulder protesting vehemently.  "Nothing to worry about," she murmured.
Man, would she be glad after her shoulder had been seen to by medics.

Next thing she knew Kazenkou was rubbing her cheek. "You did exceptionally well, it's alright to relax now and calm down. You've made it."
Okay, she supposed she liked Kazenkou well enough... but perhaps she would have more appreciation for her words if Kazenkou had not touched her like this. Her first reaction was to swat the hand away--but by doing so she started moving her wrong arm and she consequently clenched her teeth together. How stupid.
Kazenkou had been nice to her, so she hoped any sour expression on her face would be blamed on her hurt shoulder.

After Kazenkou yelled for a medic squad to tend to her, HEAT leader Guuzou walked up to that unsightly cretin Souran, who, unsurprisingly, reacted with an unseemly outburst of his temper.
Suddenly he calmed down though, or pretended to. Akira didn't believe for one second he meant a single word of his apology.
Back to top Go down
Hiten

Hiten

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Jul - 5:47

Hiten nodded at Akira and smiled. "Congratulations Akira. I never had any doubt. And here you are... A genin of the sands."
He bowed respectfully to Kazenko,Ranmaru and Isago.
"Thank you for the test and for your care." He looked at Akira again and smiled. "I shall tell them what happened Akira. We'll see you tomorrow."
The boy slowly walked out towards his friends.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Jul - 5:17

Kazenkou would nod to Akira and smile.
"If you make it through the next part. But having witnessed this battle, I'm pretty confident in you." She winked to the girl and nodded as she would take out a wooden cardboard on a stick with the word
-congratulations!!!-
on it and grin before putting it away again making it disappear seemingly into nothingness again as she closed her eyes.
"The medics should arrive soon to help you on your way to the hospital, please don't push yourself. I'll come over tomorrow morning to check on you and see if you are able and willing to participate in the survival part of the exam."

She would nod and then start to walk towards a nearby room the sand-bed which Akira was laying on would follow right next to the Jounin until they were in the middle of the room.
Medical shinobi would run up and start performing their healing techniques on the hurt girl one of them being a bit stressful about it.
"We need to hurry with this before the injuries normalize and won't respond to our healing-type chakra!" He exclaimed to the other two as one of the medics took the injured hand and gave Akira an apologetic look.
"Please forgive me, but this is going to hurt a bit." he would then take her shoulder and try to re-locate it correctly and hold it there while another medic would perform some kind of Healing technique on it. Not knowing much about those Akira would have no clue which one, but the pain seemed to subside slowly and gradually as they did their job carefully picking her up and placing her on the mobile medical beds before they would start to apply bandages and continue working on her. "This is gonna take a bit, but we want to get you fixed up as much as possible as fast as possible before the injuries get a more permanent nature to them, please be patient miss." The third medic would say with a nod explaining it to her.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Jul - 6:10

(30 more minutes pass here before she is taken outside together with Kazenkou, please continue in chapter 2. )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention   Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: The Sun Stands in Attention
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2