Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku Empty
PostSubject: Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku   Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Mar - 17:00

Quote :
Name: Gaitōtotanken - Cloak and Dagger
Art: Genjutsu
Type: Area Genjutsu
Range: 10 meter radius from the user
Chakra: Z per projectile + V per extra cloak
AP: 1(casting only, projectile throwing AP not included) + 1 per extra "cloak"

Description: Gaitōtotanken is an area genjutsu that is created to mask the location of the actual weaponry thrown by the user. After forming the needed handseals(Hare -> Horse -> Rat), the user will grab on a chakra seal and his choice of weaponry. As the user throws the weaponry out, the user also drops the chakra charged seal that burns up and disperses into the air virtually unnoticeable, covering an 10 meter radius from the user. Affected opponents will see illusions("cloaks") in front and/or behind the real projectile as they fly toward the target direction. The minimum is one real "dagger" and two "cloaks" but there can be more than one "dagger" so three real projectiles and two illusions is fine as long as the user has the skill to perform such feat.

A skilled user can cover multiple batches of weaponry by spending more than one chakra seal. One activation will burn one chakra seal so a skilled user will likely grab on multiple chakra seals and a whole ton of shinobi weaponry for a multi-Gaitōtotanken combo.

Limit: Genjutsu X, Subterfuge D, Shuriken Jutsu D, Intelligence Y

Design Note:

Quote :
Between Z chakra per projectile and a general "total chakra", I am leaning toward the Z chakra per projectile for balancing issue. Chuunin and Jounin can likely throw out a lot of those projectiles at once, make sense for chakra per projectile.

Subterfuge because it deals with hiding things from sight. Shuriken Jutsu because you probably need some sort of "expert" fingerworks to hold weaponry and chakra seals, throw the weaponry and then drop the seal at the same time and do all sort of maneuver.

Why?
This jutsu is taught by his genjutsu tutor in Ryochoku's Tenshu House Weekend Class, designed to further prepare Ryochoku for his eventual moment to become a genin. Seeing that Ryochoku has a lack of proficiency with just about every weapon, the sensei resorts to teach him a genjutsu that can help him on ranged combat, to at least give him a trick that can deal real damage instead of all of them being "virtual impact".

How?
By tutoring. I could elaborate further but I don't think it's any different from any typical tutoring sessions.

Enquiry!
Can I make this open(as in everyone is free to learn it, if they want to)? It's not invented by my character per said, just one of the thousands of jutsus out there that are not used in the canon series and so are not listed in the canon jutsu list.
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku   Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 8:00

Revamped it, now it's basically a technique used to force a dodge unless the opponent knows it's a genjutsu and wants to take risk. Basically, the opponent will see three projectiles(minimum) flying at him so if he resorts to blocking, he has to block three times as I am given the understanding that one has to do 1 block action for every attack and 3 kunai in a line(think of it like a stream of machine gun bullets) will be 3 attacks, as they are not hitting the opponent at the same time but one at a time. Say if someone is to parry that line of kunai, he would be swinging his sword three times to parry them one at a time so, 3 blocks.

So, the opponent can choose to spend 2 actions to dodge it(I am assuming that dodging involves some sort of movement and 1 movement is enough to go away from the projectile line) or 3 actions to block it. Or, if the opponent already know it's a genjutsu, he can take the risk and guess which projectile to block. If he blocks the real one, cool; if he blocks the illusion, then he is wasting his action and the real one will be a full hit as well.

Feel free to shoot it up to C rank, if necessary.
Back to top Go down

Cloak and Dagger - Tenshu Ryochoku
Page 1 of 1