Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+22
Blue Admin
Inuzuka Hakabakashii
Chikamatsu no Mukade
Amaya
Vince
Chikamatsu no Hina
Hiten
Sarutobi Kouhi
Nara Shikataro
Sakurai Akira
Admin
Hyuuga Sumiyaka
Meran
Haruno Tenshi
Uzumaki Kenshi
Uchiha Torame
Tenshu Ryochoku
Haruno Sakena
Hatake Houtarou
Yamanaka Yorukasa
Koui Nomaru
Green Admin
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

General Discussion - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Dec - 7:26

Chikamatsu no Mukade wrote:

Sakurai Akira wrote:
Many don't know, but Adolf loved painting. Never got any fame for it though.

Hrm... didn't know that...

*goes to Google to look it up*
*Types in "paintings by"*
*Top recommended search is "Paintings by adolf hitler"*

... HOW did it KNOW??? D:

Google is psychic.
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Dec - 9:45

Is it my turn to post now or do I need to wait for Admin?
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Dec - 2:57

I guess you could just post, since Admin is dead? Or something..
Back to top Go down
Haruno Tenshi

Haruno Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Dec - 7:53

Waiting for the Admin, and Mana too, I think...
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Dec - 1:56

Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Dec - 3:38

Same to you, Houtarou. And everyone else of course.  bom cheers 
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 8:25

Hello dudes and dudettes, latest greenhorn speaking!

I'm new to this forum, and actually quite new to roleplaying in general.
So, forgive my possible initial derping. Just saying. Razz

I'm pretty stoked to be here, and I look forward to playing with all of you!
(Please, read that as creepily as you like.)

See you guys around!
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 8:45

Haha, welcome here Hakabakashii!

How'd you come up with that name? When I look at it, the letters start to move around. xD

It's awesome to have an Inuzuka on here though! The first one!
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 9:24

A fellow dog user! Very Happy

Welcome man!
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 10:27

Welcome, good to see another new player!

(Where do they keep comming from Razz )
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 10:54

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I see there are only 33 members, so it shouldn't be hard to get to know each and every one of you. Smile
About the name: google translate it, thought it was fitting for the swift 'n' stealthy role I was intending to play.
Also, if you can't beat 'em, confuse 'em, and my name seems to be doing the trick quite nicely Wink
I'm actually surprised no one has chosen an Inuzuka yet! Kiba is far from my favorite character, but I just really like wolves and other canines, plus I wanted some sort of familiar, because their badassitude could pop your monocles off.

I see a lot of fellow Dutchies btw. Smile

I have no idea how far along you guys are in whatever you're doing at the moment, and I have no idea how I'm gonna fit into it, but I guess we'll see how everything goes Smile
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 11:07

The first event has almost come to a close and there are other characters who've just signed up, so you aren't the only one just starting out. Smile

The next event will have new graduates, and Hakabakashii will fit right in, don't you worry about that!
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 11:28

New recruits. They're many, and they're organised... ¬.¬

No, but all seriousness aside, welcome to the forum. I'll sure we'll have a great time. And I think you can actually join within the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 12:26

Hey Inuzuka,

Welcome, I'll introduce myself and explain things through PM to you shortly, but right now I am a bit swamped with work. I have 4 exams tomorrow and I need to prepare.

So this is also a notification to all players,
Due to those exams, I will not be posting tonight, I will try to post tomorrow night, but I am probably dead tired at the end, if tomorrow night fails, I will post Friday morning at the latest (+1 GMT)

Cheers,

BLUE
Back to top Go down
Haruno Tenshi

Haruno Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 20:06

Welcome Hakabakashii always fun meeting new people here ^^
Back to top Go down
Yellow Admin
Admin
Yellow Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 20:49

Yay! The new kid is someone I know. ;D
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 21:04

Yellow Admin wrote:
Yay! The new kid is someone I know. ;D

Oh really? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yellow Admin
Admin
Yellow Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan - 21:09

Yes. >;D
Back to top Go down
Inuzuka Hakabakashii

Inuzuka Hakabakashii

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan - 0:26

Shiver'n' in mah boots.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan - 0:37

Maybe who you think you know he is, isn't who he says he claims to be?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan - 1:48

My little sister didn't get it. But I laughed. Hard. xD
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb - 4:30

I know this is hardly relevant to the content of this site, but this kinda enraged me, so figured I'd share this story:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/how-japans-bbc-is-rewriting-its-role-in-second-world-war-9115827.html

Most of us here watch anime from time to time, or play some Japanese originated games. We all know a thing or two about their culture, and the anime/game community often glorifies it to no end. I'm not saying I think everything about the Japanese culture is garbage nor do I say everything is great, but there are some serious problems with that culture people often overlook.

Germany as a country did a lot of wicked shit in ww2. But they ADMIT it. The younger generations fully acknowledge what the country has done and the government is apologetic for that time and does its best to make people aware of their war crimes.

Now let's take a look at Japan. I'm not saying they're downright hiding it, but they aren't quite so open about it. Japanese society is very collectivistic. In my opinion they may be too collectivistic for their own good. Their schools do not teach Japanese ww2 history. Their government doesn't do or recognise its wrongdoings nearly as much, and you now got their media saying this crazy stuff. If you don't know anything about Japanese wrongdoings in ww2, read up on it. Rape of nanking, invasion of China and other Asian countries, their concentration camps (which can be said to be far worse than the German ones, with the torture practices they held there...), how they treated the people in the countries they invaded, etc... Japan was fucked up in ww2, and they as a society need to recognise that. And I'm not saying the Japanese of today are evil, nor are the Germans, that's bullshit. They are not responsible for the horrors their anchestors committed. But they should recognise them, so they can say to themselves that they learned from this, won't let it happen again, etc. Fuck nationalism.

Well, I've gotta go, and I realise this has become quite a rant. I'll still post it though, maybe it'll provoke some interesting discussion. Razz

Have a nice day all!

Edit: what it all comes down to is that it frustrates me that such horrible truths are supressed. Not trying to offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb - 7:43

I understand your frustration. They shouldn't deny it, even though they can't do anything about it anymore. But denying it makes all those horrors seem... unimportant. "Meh, all those lives don't really matter. Let's just say it never happened that way." Sad
I think that it's a bad things that the children aren't taught the real history of their country..
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Feb - 8:40

True Hina, that's exactly what I was aiming at. It isn't the fault of the current generation but they should recognise it happened. This ''it never happened/we were the good guys'' attitude will only serve to increase feelings of superiority over other peoples (thus increased nationalism and xenophobia, two things you already see relatively much of in Japan). We're all humans and countries are merely grand scale groups and alliances we form. All peoples, regardless of their country, make mistakes, because that's exactly what we are: all people. We all share our common human nature, with its good features like empathy and curiosity but also its bad features like greed and hatred, which leads to these mistakes. Denying these events will ultimately only lead to more of that. And it's not like Germany ended up worse by accepting their past. In fact, I notice how that country is less nationalistic and more aware of the possibility for government to abuse their power than other countries. For example; when you poll the public on the current mass data collection by governments German society is far more opposed to this than the Dutch, who tend to go with the 'nothing to fear nothing to hide' logic way more. The Germans know what happened in WW2, saw how power could be abused leading to terrible things, and also remember that all this data made it very easy for the nazi government to round up Jews and other groups they wanted to eliminate.
Germany also has a very strong economy, although I don't think that has much to do with it.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting about my egaliterian bullshit now. Razz Sorry for being so serious and all. Wink Enjoy your weekend all of ya.
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Feb - 7:08

Japan will apologize for their war crimes when an apology has been made for 2 specific bombings on japanese soil which it never got despite asking for it several times. On the other hand people conviently forget Japan the countries they took from european imperialization and gave them vasal status keeping their culture, laws, religion in respect, something europe NEVER did. Also the dutch like to point at the japanese death camps in the Indies while conviently forgetting that we dutch built them in the first place. Add this to the fact that Japan was the ONLY Asian state not under Colonial Law and try to place yourself into that ~when will it be our turn~ state of mind that hangs over you like the sword of damocles.
Concerning the so called civilian prisoners. Those were what we today would call "Insurgants". people fighting against a conqueror despite that their local authorities had already capitulated. When insurgants are civians it is only natural that civilians are rounded up and arrested.
Also Japan did not sign the second 1929 Geneva convention and I don't agree with them not following it but it's hard to hold a party accountalbe for an agreement it didn't make. You just try and control and instill this new concept in your entire army and replace the military values ingrained by the bushido system that has been present for 2000 years in the timespan of 20 years.

War is never 1 side of a story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 18 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next