Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Genin Graduation Exam Event

Go down 
+23
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu
Yellow Admin
Blue Admin
Chikamatsu no Hina
Meran
Sakurai Akira
Haruno Sakena
Inuzuka Faolan
Hatake Houtarou
Aburame
Koui Nomaru
Haruno Tenshi
Green Admin
Sarutobi Kouhi
Hatake Mana
Hyuuga Sumiyaka
Nara Shikataro
Tenshu Ryochoku
Uchiha Torame
Yamanaka Yorukasa
Uzumaki Kenshi
Amaya
Admin
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Yellow Admin
Admin
Yellow Admin

Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan - 11:50

Nomaru and Sora are a few meters (let's say 3) meters away from Houtarou and Torame I guess?
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan - 11:52

Did some bad reading, I see now, sorry! >_<
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jan - 20:40

The Sora you guys saw was actually 15 - 20 meters away.
As you might see Nomaru, you will not see Sora next to her.
Sora is searching and shifting from one search position to another.
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 3:21

Holy cow, we're gonna need a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of CP to meet these requirements!! Seems interesting how we'll be able to 'upgrade' our characters like that though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 4:09

Yeah it really looks like a lot. But do we get a total amount of cp for everything or do we get different cp for jutsu, stats, and skills?
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 5:50

You'll probably get a total amount, that you'll get to divide among jutsu, stats, skills and specialties. There will be certain rules for the division though; it's not like you'll be able to spend all your cp on jutsu, or all of it on stats, and so on.

But you'll hear more when you get your first amount of cp. Wink

Also: I want to mention the above is what I gathered from hearsay, so don't get hung up on it!
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 6:32

Next OC post from me will probably be about the CP Smile
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 12:46

Sounds a bit limiting IMO if we are given the bare minimum to meet the requirement as in we have to follow a strict build or we are out. Maybe a little bit more than minimum CP so we can have some (or slightly more) freedom on the build?
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 17:36

@ Ryochoku,

It is a bit limiting, that is the whole idea of the topic, however, even with the minimum amount of CP and no bonus, you still have plenty of options.

For example, in Main stats we want you to have 2 main stats on 7 or higher, which main stats those 2 are, that is all up to you to decide.
Same can be said of the skills on C-rank, you have an option to decide which skills you will raise to C rank, whether you choose politics to go to C or Genjutsu, that's all up to you.

Also as stated I said, You will at least get enough CP to make the requirements for Chuunin.
As can be seen by the new thread, there are options for bonus CP to be earned. But it has to be earned.

However, the admins and those we approached for advice find this system to give enough possibilities to individualize your characters without making them overpowered or under-powered, by providing both a lower border as an upper border.

Besides the above story, the minimum is determined by taking a character without limits or flaws and then added a small bonus on top. So depending on the choice of flaws and merits, you have an easier or harder time to get to the minimum demands. However we are sure that all players can get the requirements and have plenty of room for character design.

@ Houtarou,

you will need a lot, but you will have the chance to get the minimum amount as long as you play. Smile You will probably have some left to spend on your dogs as well.

@ Kenshi,

no fixed amount for each category, I want players to have some freedom to favor different categories, but there are limits to each category, to avoid unbalance.
Back to top Go down
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 17:53

I have read that we can only have at most 10 untrained skills, would these skills include elemental ninjutsu that isn't in our arsenal? In case I did not make myself clear, my character has Katon but no other element, so would the others [Suiton, Raiton, Doton, Fuuton] be counted toward the total, or are we given a pass on elements that we do not possess?
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 17:56

Yes, they are counted.

Elemental jutsu skill do not only count to you being able to use them, but also to your knowledge about what to do against them, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 18:36

Thank you for answering my question, though I would like to point something out concerning the Chuunin exams. Seeing as I had free time, I decided to calculate the amount of CP I would need to meet the bare requirements into participating in the exams... which according to my calculation, come to a grand total of 595 CP; this does not include costs for techniques.

This is not a complaint, I was just wondering whether there will be further opportunities to gain additional CP amount other than the 75 bonus [which we may or may not get] out of 225 we're all getting. If there is no other opportunities, I would like to say that my teammates should not be penalized into not going through the exams just because I came into the RP later than they all did as it isn't all that fair to them :/
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan - 23:42

The Chunin exams won't be after this event, don't worry. Smile It's about 1 IC year away, and about 2-3 events away (including a main event that provides more CP). So don't worry about not getting to meet the CP you need; you'll get plenty of opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Haruno Tenshi

Haruno Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan - 0:43

Meh, as long as I get enough cp to pimp Tenshi up to Chuunin level, I'll live Razz
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan - 1:11

As explained in the requirement topic, there Will be enough cp for everyone if You are active. But you might have to look at how you spend your CP.
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan - 4:04

I think we will get enough cp now after I read how the cp worked. I already made a list of all the skills and stuff which I need/want and how much cp I need for it. So deviding the cp will be easy for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan - 5:30

I can actually upgrade my ninken?! Awesome! Very Happy

Edit: Also... Sora trollin' team #3 alright... Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Jan - 10:20

@Blue

Personally, I think a little more freedom isn't so bad. For example, in terms of main stats, if a character can only hit the bare minimum, then he has 7-7-6-6-4-4-4-4 on the 8 main stats. The only freedom is that he can choose which stat to be 7 and which to be 6 but every character(assuming all are of the bare minimum for this example, I know players can go higher than that) is a 7-7-6-6-4-4-4-4 character. If we are given some "room to maneuver" for the bare minumum, we might see a 7-7-7-7-4-4-4-4 character, and maybe someone else goes 8-8-6-6-4-4-4-4, maybe 7-7-6-6-5-5-5-5, there are more variety in the combination of stats.

I do appreciate the anti-minmax system as a whole though(Divination) and I do dig the tough requirement for Chuunin because getting into Chuunin shouldn't be easy at all -- although I would argue that 1 IC year to be too fast for the characters to get into the chuunin exam but I assume not every team will become chuunin so I am cool with it. I am just wondering if there can be some "room to maneuver" for even the most basic player that is not scoring too many bonus CPs. I agree that effort should be rewarded and I also think that every player deserves to have a little more room than trying to hit the bare minimum on all ground. Just my opinion though, the current ruleset is okay.

@Kiryuu

As one of your teammates, I am fine not making the exam anyway as I believe there's always RP opportunity and story even if we fail to meet the requirement. So, no pressure even though Blue has stated that there should be enough so we will likely be in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Jan - 11:02

I was just a little bit worried since I was thinking that the next event was directly prepping up for the Chuunin exams, but now that I understand that there will be some additional events before the exams, I feel confident that we'll be able to participate.
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Jan - 21:56

@Ryo,

As I have stated before, there is a little room already build in, not much and you would have to make choices on whether you spend them on stats, skills or some other option, but there is a little bit of room. Also like I said, the minimum requirements have been made on a character without flaws and merits, so you could either have benefits from your merits or hard times because of your flaws.

I have done calculations on most of the characters on the site and all I calculated, even the ones with many flaws and no CP merits could make it with the amount that would be earned by actively participating.

We will see different character designs, because some characters will earn more bonus CP than other characters. If you are worried to become a generic Chuunin build... Then my advice would be, unlock those bonuses, or forget about the chuunin exams and do what you like. There are options. Like I said, the chuunin announcement are guidelines and requirements, it is up to you to decide to follow them or not, but there are consequences.

Like I said, there is plenty of room for individualization, but it is up to you to earn it, but even without the bonusses, there will be some room for most characters.
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan - 0:12

For Everyone,

Though it is not likely, the possibility still exist that your character ends up being send back to the academy or even dies. The former being the more likely result of the two.

Should this happen, then the following will happen to your CP rewards:

If you are send back to the academy, you will still receive CP normally, however some of it will be locked until after your next event. For instance, the current event would reward 225 CP, it could be you will only be allowed to spend 100 CP and the other 125 CP will be added as a reward to the next event. This is for Roleplay issues, seeing you would learn less at the academy, than you would from a sensei in the field.

You will however still receive your bonus CP right away. And the total CP earned will not be affected in the long run.

Should you die during an event, which is not likely, but still possible, you will receive the bonus CP you would have earned for the than current event to be used for your next character (under certain guidelines). The main reward however is not received.
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan - 11:34

@Torame,

A) Admin is not here. Currently I am controlling Sora without all information, just my personal 6 year experience with the character. The day Sora was created, I created my first character. This is how I feel Sora would react.

B) Sora is a character with a dual personality. So guess what, his dark mark has a voice too... Wow! Such wonder... Much personality...

C) Missions are whatever the one handing them out is willing to pay for. Lessons are given in training sessions. And in this case you are serving the village in a small way that is beneficial to the village. There WAS going to be a lesson in it, but sora was not going to answer you when you talk like a spoiled kid. Besides he already stated what a goal was, namely to see you working together. The lesson is TEAMWORK!

D) It was the Hatake Compound, not Sora nor the Hokage. The lesson that moment is respect, because the team (except for houtarou) was showing non...

E) Don't moan about it OC, react IC, you have a choice, go home and fail or do the mission and do not complain OC.
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan - 14:50

@Blue

I have no doubt that the characters with bonus CP will have rooms to work with as I do mentioned in my post and I have no problem with them getting the extra room to work with because they deserve it with all the efforts they put toward their character and the RP. I am more specific about the no bonus CP players - that's why I specifically give an example of a no-bonus situation - but since you said there's a little room built in, that's cool enough. I thought there's no room if someone doesn't earn bonus CP, a little room is cool.

On a very personal level, I really don't think Ryochoku would get to that level in 1 year due to the lack of enthusiasm and hardwork. Also, I would like to keep him as a lousy brawler so the C level knowledge on brawling as a requirement to hit Chuunin exam is really not what I thought he would achieved -- of course, I can make him achieve it and I guess being forced to train to brawl in training for whole year will force him to learn eventually but it's not I would like personally.

However, it would be extremely selfish if I just do what I want and my team has no right to participate in the chuunin exam because of me. Plus, if the admins has planned for every team to show up in the exam for the event, then I think it's a waste and a very dick move of me to "intentionally" screw over the plan for my own amusement. So I am definitely not doing that. And even the "no-room" build isn't so generic as the combination of different skills and so on is enough variation. Having the little room as the bare minimum is good.
Back to top Go down
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan - 15:04

I can kinda see where Ryochoku is coming from along the lines where it limits a person's build for their character; a person may want to create an awfully weak character [in a physical prowess kinda way] but they are required to have x amount of skill in those related skills, whereas they would rather they compensate by becoming good at ninjutsu or genjutsu... kinda like a reverse Rock Lee. How about instead of making everyone required to have X skill at Y level, why don't we have the requirement for participating in the exams be based on a total amount of CP? That way, we are not obligated to place points into areas we don't see much use, though we still have spent the same amount of points but just in a different way?
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jan - 18:49

As said previously, the requirements are not that high.
4 in Main stats are base Genin level, 7 is normally base chuunin level.
You can expect there to be opponents with all stats at 6 at the least

The skills are what the sensei would train you for. As Ryochoku said himself, if you train for a full year on certain skills, then you are bound to pick up something. C = Genin level, again. So not a very high demand.

Why not a total amount of CP? Simply because we as admins want some balance to the game.
We don't want players to be masters of genjutsu at the chuunin exams when they forget everything else, though players can still be slightly orientated towards the style of their choice (more than you both realize at the moment), We do not want a player to have S-rank skill A and most other skills E or untrained.
That would be highly illogical for a sensei to allow to go to the chuunin exams and believe me, it is not as much fun as it sounds.

Then again, like I said, if you do not mind doing D and C rank missions instead of the more challenging missions and you do not mind screwing your teammates over as well, go ahead... don't go towards the minimum. Smile Not really my problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genin Graduation Exam Event
Page 27 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next