Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Genin Graduation Exam Event

Go down 
+23
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu
Yellow Admin
Blue Admin
Chikamatsu no Hina
Meran
Sakurai Akira
Haruno Sakena
Inuzuka Faolan
Hatake Houtarou
Aburame
Koui Nomaru
Haruno Tenshi
Green Admin
Sarutobi Kouhi
Hatake Mana
Hyuuga Sumiyaka
Nara Shikataro
Tenshu Ryochoku
Uchiha Torame
Yamanaka Yorukasa
Uzumaki Kenshi
Amaya
Admin
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jan - 2:25

My initial inqury is about the "room" and as you have repeatly stated, there's at least a little room for everyone then it's cool. I am just worried about it being no room at all. I agree that people that are rewarded bonus CP and are RPing their ass off should be given more rooms of flexibility but I do think that every player deserves a little room and it turns out things should look that way.

It's also pretty easy to realize about the style of their choice, a shinobi leaning toward the taijutsu side with his stats, skills and specializations is in my opinion, far more than just "slightly orientated", he can be very orientated.

Of course "it's not your problem" per say but I believe we are just communcating as players and GMs and I don't see it as a bad thing. Communication is important to a RP game. On a slightly related topic, are there a limitation on the amount of team to be promoted to chuunin on a specific exam? Or every team can be promoted and equally, every team can fail by the end of the day? This is more or less a curiosity question and I understand if you can't tell us about this right now.

Another thing, I realize that the skill segment isn't as free as it should be due to a certain amount of advanced skills: Sen Jutsu, Genetics, Deduction and to an certain extent, some characters might not have the stats(if they go 4 on some specific stats) for Genjutsu, Jikukan Ninjutsu and Fuuin Jutsu. Some characters might pick up a few of them but I don't see someone being capable able to pick up every of them before the chuunin exam. Because of that, there's perhaps 4-5 "must-be-untrained skills" throughout the 10 unskilled skills choice so the player's actual decision can only be like 4-5 skills instead of 10, wich I expected before I examine the skill list. Is this factored into the design of the Chuunin Exam criteria?
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jan - 3:22

It is filtered in, seeing you only need 2 CP to take a skill from untrained to E, which is all we ask.
That you have a skill on E does not mean you can easily use it or have to use it, it means that when you are faced with it you do not go full derp and hit yourself in the head.

Most limits will be removed by the other demands, except perhaps the really specialized ones, but it should not be hard to get to 10 untrained. For instance a little knowledge on elemental jutsu doesn't hurt anyone and picking all 5 of the basics would cost you a total of 24 CP in skills (CC D, Nin D, and 5x Elemental E) Only the really specialized things require certain hard limits, but as you say, there might be about 5 which would remain blocked.

Also, it is not your problem was surrounded by smilies, so...

As to players failing or succeeding, as you could see in the series, it is not about winning or losing, it is about showing you are chuunin material. As it stands the intention is for all teams to enter, perhaps you all show to be of Chuunin quality and you will become chuunin, it could also be the opposite.

Like the previous site, I expect a big Timeskip not long after the exams, and players that did not succeed might be allowed to pay CP for the rank. (or for a chance roll at it) Or it might be that another Chuunin exam event might present itself during the next main event after it...
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jan - 13:50

No doubt it's easy to cover the 10 untrained stuff, hell, if I am hellbent on learning I guess my character can have E-D in like every skills out there except for the ones that he is not qualified for. I am just wondering because my character genuinely has no interest many some skills and I am just wondering how many of them I can go unlearned. Every "must-be-untrained skill" out there mean there's 1 less slot of freedom for my character to go untrained for, as I personally view untrained as something my character really hate or has no interested upon that he doesn't even care enough to have an E for it. Yes, I want him to go full derp on those aspects and I like the penalty upon it, on a RP perspective.

Those smilies seem evil to me.

There's never really an indication about whether they have a limit on "accepted chuunin" at a time on the anime(not sure about manga, never read them), as far as the memory serves me. Also, in NNverse, it seems that Konoha are allowing only a certain amount of Genin per batch which gives me an impression that there might be a limited slots of chuunin at one moment, perhaps to make sure only the best of the best are given chuunin rank at one time for quality assurance or perhaps it's an effort from Konoha to make sure that the army rank stays a pyramid(as in there're more lower ranks than the higher ranks). Hence the question.

In my view, some down time after the first chuunin exam seems appropriate, as chuunin exam is only hosted once at a certain timeframe so it should be rare. Assuming that not all teams get to chuunin at the first exam, not allowing them to get chuunin easily right after that opens up story from my view. Perhaps they will have to deal with it, maybe some intensify sensei-student moment, it's just more diversify than everyone hitting chuunin and partying together after that. The reward from higher level missions might give the chuunin characters a lead when it comes to "character's power level" though but I guess that's part of the consequences.
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan - 5:22

I have a small question about the mastermind ninken (Daichi for Houtarou)! Smile My current understanding is this:

- the ninken can understand Houtarou to some extend (like 'food is ready!' and 'I'll get you guys something nice after this', but entire strategic plans can only be communicated form Houtarou to Daichi and from Daichi to the other ninken (unless Daichi is the one creating the plan in which case he can do that directly).
- Daichi can communicate with ninken and humans, and thus, even more so with his intelligence, serves excellently as a translator and tactician.

So basically... Is the way I'm thinking about this right now right? Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan - 10:37

So, is Nomaru really quitting her shinobi life?
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jan - 23:12

Short of half... :3
Back to top Go down
Haruno Tenshi

Haruno Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 7:10

Nooooo!!! Not Nomi!

And Torame, thanks, I feel really special now Razz
Back to top Go down
Yellow Admin
Admin
Yellow Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 7:26

Don't worry guys, you haven't seen the last of her. ;D
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 7:29

Oh I'm sure we won't. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 8:37

I don't think I get what "short of half" means...half-retired?
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 8:42

It means that Nomaru IC sort of quits. She walks away now (because it is the most logical thing for Nomaru to do IC), but will have to go back to the academy and will probably join the shinobi-ranks again.

Last edited by Chikamatsu no Hina on Wed 22 Jan - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 9:01

And poor Houtarou and Torame, they're being degraded as well.

Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 Tumblr_m7p5b8uHUX1rqfhi2o1_500
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 9:36

:'(

Edit: I should stop posting these useless replies, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 9:45

That's why I use gifs and other stupid images, to fill empty space.  Wink Razz

And for comic relief. Obviously.

Akira, sometimes:

Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 242350023667870555_JxrjghV9
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jan - 21:02

Chikamatsu no Hina wrote:
It means that Nomaru IC sort of quits. She walks away now (because it is the most logical thing for Nomaru to do IC), but will have to go back to the academy and will probably the shinobi-ranks again.

Basically this. :3
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan - 8:06

Well well, seems like we good two new character applications in one week! Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Uchiha Rikka

Uchiha Rikka

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan - 8:19

Is it though? Wink
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan - 10:27

I think so. =) The more people, the more fun! There's probably a point where there are too much people though... but hé, we aren't even near that point yet I think!
Back to top Go down
Yellow Admin
Admin
Yellow Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan - 10:28

The admin team already has it's hands full on you bunch. :p
But it's fine! Welcome new members! Yay!
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan - 10:45

Haha, gotta say, props to you guys. Some things about organizing this site seem quite complicated to me!!
Anyway, if it ever gets really busy and you need me for a small errand, I'd be glad to help. Not that I'm very experienced with the contents of the site but that's why I said small errand, something everyone could take care of, haha.

Let's all try and have a good time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jan - 14:15

Damn Nomaru with her badass rebellious personality. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Koui Nomaru

Koui Nomaru

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jan - 2:11

I like this Tenshu-person. ;D
Back to top Go down
Chikamatsu no Hina

Chikamatsu no Hina

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb - 1:12

Eh, I'm writing this alinea last, but I just wanted to put it up here so no one can miss it. This is in no way, shape, or form a personal attack on Tenshi. :PSeriously, it's not. It's just that, she had a situation with which she could've done so much more. So I decided to do more. ^^ This could very well be seen as a crackfic, and none of this happens in the real story. Razz(Well, Hina might kick some Shinka, but other than that.) I just wrote it for shits and giggles. And that's the way it should be read as well. :POkay, so, now that I've made sure that no one should feel the need to be insulted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, the admins won't let me post in the real topic. (Pssh.. Can't understand why not... ¬.¬ Because this story will make perfect sense!)

Anyway, this is kinda what I would expect to happen now, if it weren't for, oh, I don't know, the laws of physics and logic or whatever. But balls to that! It's a reaction to this: (This is the last post in topic Team Sakena, so you know where in the story we are)

Quote :
Tenshi suddenly was aware of every feeling and emotion she felt. Immediately after she saw the next horror, she drew the cover back up, resisting the curiosity that welled up and closing her eyes. she recognized the feeling at once, and she would need to see the Hokage again.
She hoped Kenshi hadn't seen any of this. she had seen such a horror before and although she was shaking, she absorb it like she always did.

Slowly, she moved towards Kenshi and stretched her hand to help him up.
Emotionless she said with a whisper:

Come. There is nothing we can do here. The only thing we can do is support Mana, and hope for the best.

And so you know where Hina comes from: they're about to go outside with Sasori to look for their runaway pe- eh, friend, Hiten.

Aaaaand.. ACTION!

They stepped outside. The sight of numerous corpses being spread around in the moonlight provided an eerie sight. In some places the ground was darker because of the blood being soaked into the ground and sand. Sasori made a clicking sound with his tongue, as if the prospect of cleaning up his yard was a prospect that was more annoying and boring than anything. A nuisance really.

The girls decided to each look in different directions from where they knew Hiten had been hiding. After a while of searching for tracks Hina caught sight of something sticking out from the pack of one of the dead shinobi. It was a scroll. Curiosity took over and she walked over to the dead guy. She slipped the scroll out of the pack and looked at it. It didn't have any signs or symbols on it. No "Keep out. Private."-warning. Just a simple seal. Hina had learned a thing or two about scrolls this day. Rule number one: don't just go opening scrolls left and right. Rule number two: be outside.

She wondered what the scroll could contain. Mission-objectives, perhaps? Either way, she wanted to know. She gave the dead Shinka-shinobi a kick in the head for good measure (and then had to wipe her now dirtied-with-blood shoe on his clothes). She really felt like kicking or hitting someone. "Juch." she let out a sound of disgust as she turned her back on the corpse.

She turned so the moonlight shone on the scroll and she would be able to read it's contents and then opened it up, unrolling it rapidly. Her eyes caught sight of weird symbols inside. Time space symbols.
"OH, SHI-!" was all that could be heard before a bright light flashed through the clearing and the scroll dropped to the ground. Hina was nowhere to be seen anymore.

Hina herself was flying somewhere through a bright tunnel, with lights, and sounds, and sights all whizzing past. She tried to see what was going on, tumbling through space and time, but the sight made her a bit nauseous, besides, everything went too fast for her to really see anything. In the distance she could see what she presumed was the end of the tunnel. She could hear a weird.. well, voice wasn't the right word. But she understood the message anyway.
You have one minute

'One minute for what? But she didn't have much time to think about this weird message before she was flung out of the end of the tunnel. She landed on her feet, but the impact of the landing made her sink through one of her knees and catch herself with one of her hands. She noticed it was day. As she slowly lifted her head to look at her surroundings she noticed trees. And a less dry-heat-climate than she was used to. There were also a lot of colourfully-clad people standing around, looking serious. 'Who died?' she thought drily.

Her question was answered as she saw people sitting around a stretcher with.. ground beef on it? 'The bloody hell..?' And there was a girl with pink hair who seemed to be only a year, maybe two, younger than Hina who was staring fascinated at the stuff. However, the next moment she shivered, pulled the cloth over the ground beef (was that stuff oozing pus?!) and closed her eyes. However, the earlier look in her eyes, the fact that Hina had noticed that all these people were wearing Konoha-headbands, and Hina's pent-up need of blowing off some steam caused Hina to smirk. It wasn't a nice smirk either. Her mother had always told her that a good shinobi had control of her feelings, especially kunoichi. Her mother had also told her that Hina needed to get a hold of her habit of becoming mad over nothing. Irrational anger is what Hina had dubbed the feeling. 'I see plenty of reasons for me to raise some hell and wreak some havoc here.' she thought.

She cracked her neck and fingers, earning some curious glances from the konoha shinobi who had finally noticed her and were wondering where she came from, with her weird clothes. The pink-haired girl was about to leave when Hina expertly attached her strings to Chouchou, and let the puppet appear in front of the girl with great speed. "W-what?" the pink-haired wench uttered before Chouchou's mouth swung open to reveal a senbon blaster. The girl's eyes widened in shock and Hina's widened in excitement as she sent of two senbon, aiming for the girls eyes.

That pink-haired girl was clearly insane. And she should never have a look of crazed fascination in her eyes again. Besides, if the sight of a pile of meat excited that girl so much, wasn't Hina doing everyone a favour by making sure the girl could never see a pile of meat again? Hina's wicked smile turned positively demonic at the thought.

However, she was walkin next to some boy who had the clarity of mind to push the girl aside, causing the two senbon to harmlessly fly by and lodge themselves into a tree some distance away. The pink-haired girl stumbled closer to Hina. Hina raised an eyebrow in amusement. 'I can work with this,' she thought. Chouchou's mouth snapped back in place and instead she stretched her arms out and let the two razors flash in and out in an ominous way, as the puppet slowly approached the girl, who was by now clearly scared. Everyone around seemed to be frozen, either because of the shock of weirdness, or perhaps the scroll was interfering with their movement? Hina didn't really care.

The puppet flashed forward, towards the now-screaming girl, and clamped itself over her face. Hina made sure to use all four hands to grab at her hair painfully. The girl stumbled around and tried to pull the puppet off her face. Hina moved to stand in front of the girl and punched her in the stomach as hard as she could. The girl bent at the waist in pain, falling to her knees. Chouchou loosened her grip on the girl's head and leaned back, opening up it's mouth once more. "You're a sick little psycho, aren't you?" Hina said, totally missing the irony of the situation as she spoke her next word with a crazed gleam in her own eyes as she said, "Now how about we do something about those eyes..?"

But before she could send of the metal needles into the girl's eyes she felt something tug behind her belly button. Her time was up. 'No!' she thought! She felt herself being pulled back by the force. She struggled against the pull and tried to kick kneeling girl in the head. The pull increased. "Not yet!" she yelled, struggling to get closer to the pink-haired girl. She saw Chouchou fading, and noticed she was becoming more translucent herself. The little girl in front of her looked on in frightened amazement as the volatile girl was being pulled back and disappearing. This look remembered Hina about the fact that that girl was crazy! "She's mad!" she screamed, "She can't be allowed to see!" Another senbon was fired from Chouchou in desperation, but it missed due to it's poor aim. "She's crazy!!!" Hina screamed as she flung herself forward, scratching at the ground to get closer at the girl. But the next thing Tenshi would see was a bright flash and the girl with the puppet was gone. The only thing left was the fading sound of her screaming and the scratch marks in the ground.

As Hina flew back towards the correct time and space, somewhere in the night in Suna, she had her arms crossed and sulked. She'd really wanted to hit that girl. As she landed in the night again she kicked another Shinka in the head. So hard this time that the skull shattered and she had to clean her shoes again. 'So annoying!' she thought as she went back to looking for their friend.
Back to top Go down
Haruno Tenshi

Haruno Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb - 6:59

Dear Hina,

You forget a few crucial things...
First read my character please, she has battle ready as a plus, so you couldn't surprise her Razz

Next Tenshi isn't pink haired (I know it's confusing...) she has red hair even if she is a Haruno XD (I really hate pink!)

Last she's a Haruno! Defense yeey!!!!

But I do like the story, only not that you picture Tenshi as a poor, helpless little kitty Smile

PS: I only had 2 or three times to post left... If you attacked it would have taken longer because you can't just attack suddenly without e responding Razz
Back to top Go down
Yellow Admin
Admin
Yellow Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb - 8:04

This is just Hina. :p Hina is a bit... How do you put it... Delusional at times. Right Hina?! Very Happy
I too felt a bit sorry that you let this epic moment of epic go. It still could have been a real struggle right? :3
Tengu: PLANT YOUR FACE IN THE DOG!!! Drink its blood and do satanic rituals with its bodyyyyy!!!!
Teshi: No, fuck you Tengu, nobody likes you!
Tengu: DOOO ITTTTT!
Tenshi: NO! >:c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genin Graduation Exam Event
Page 28 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31 ... 35  Next