Neo Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Naruto RPG is a unique type of play by post roleplaying forum that mixes creative storywriting with RPG elements close to that of a tabletop RPG game and lets the players be the main characters in a story rather than yet another one.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Genin Graduation Exam Event

Go down 
+23
Sunėkuaizu Kiryuu
Yellow Admin
Blue Admin
Chikamatsu no Hina
Meran
Sakurai Akira
Haruno Sakena
Inuzuka Faolan
Hatake Houtarou
Aburame
Koui Nomaru
Haruno Tenshi
Green Admin
Sarutobi Kouhi
Hatake Mana
Hyuuga Sumiyaka
Nara Shikataro
Tenshu Ryochoku
Uchiha Torame
Yamanaka Yorukasa
Uzumaki Kenshi
Amaya
Admin
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Admin

Green Admin

Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 11:38

Deidera's and Gari's abilites aren't learned since special elemental releases are something you're born with, Deidera only added those mouths of his, as for the boil and lava, Mizukage stated herself that they were bloodlines, the iron sand is an advanced form just like how Gaara started manipulating gold dust and Sakura's strength is decedent from the Senjuu clan through Tsunade Razz

Also clanless is by no means no option, I've seen clanless chars completly trample clan chars. This whole system is based on a giant complex rock paper system with each fighting style being stronger or weaker vs another.  Being clanless allows you more freedom to specialize in your own fighting style

Last edited by Green Admin on Sun 14 Jul - 11:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 11:46

Guess you're both right, GA and Akira. =) Hadn't looked at it that way yet! Thanks.
And yeah, as far as I know, you and Nomaru are the only clan-less characters in that case. Nomaru told me she also did it for a big part for the freedom.
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:00

The best example would be when people were always saying HUE UCHIHA IS OVERPOWERED (in general on all sites) but then a clanless players proved this statement wrong and pulverized it into the ground with a D rank jutsu, that's right the mighty powers of the sharingan were nullified thanks to a jutsu that impaired vision. Play your cards and find the optimal angle of approach, this isn't D&D where you stand in front of your enemy for 10+ rounds and repeatably hammer his skull in with your bastard sword Razz
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:08

Hayate and Ryochoku are also clanless. And I think that it's not really the clan that is an advantage but the bloodline is.
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:14

Ryochoku made a clan of his own that has only RP advantagous, no inherited goodies, which makes it possible to start with (easy to balance)
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:24

Does he have the clan merrit?
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:28

You obviously haven't read his bio Razz
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:35

Of course I did. It was just a question for you Razz Cuz I don't see that merrit in his page
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:38

Sakurai Akira wrote:
Being clan-less isn't disadvantageous at all. ;)But no, you don't have any fancy clan related techniques. But to call that a disadvantage? An Uchiha does not have access to sand control. And a Sabaku doesn't possess the sharingan. Does that make being either one of them disadvantageous, because you don't possess a certain skill that belongs only to a certain clan?

Well, going by that logic, Uchiha has sharingan but not sand control, Sabaku has sand control but not sharingan, indeed. However, clan-less has none of them so it is in disadvantage. It's 1:1:0. On another angle, a clan-less has zero access to specific clan skills but a clan shinobi has access to every clan-less skill as long as they want to.

Hatake Houtarou wrote:
By the way, Akira, isn't being clan-less somewhat disadvantageous in a way? I mean, it's not like I've read through every pro of all clans but for example Houtarou really profits from being a Hatake. It brings many advantages.
Whatever, it's creative though! Gives you more freedom to make up your own background right??

However, on a deeper comparison, both have their pro and con:

Clanless pro:
- Full creative control
- Flexible character development(Clan character is arguably less flexible)
- Easier to be jack-of-all-trade if that's what you want to be(Most clans usually have a certain focus, like taijutsu for Hyuuga and sand ninjutsu for Sabaku)
- More free merit point(You have to take a certain merit to be a clan member, even more to be the heir)
- Thumbs up from me for playing a clanless

Clanless con:
- No clan skill, only has generic skills to choose from(plenty of them though, and you can always throw some customs into the fray).
- Arguably harder to play(if you are of a clan and you follow the clan's basic archetype, you already have a very solid character and you are likely to know your pro and con instantly while as a clanless, you have to figure them out all by yourself)
- Starting disadvantage(IMO, most clans that have some sort of inept ability from the beginning has good starting advantage. Of course the advantage are continued to the mid-game and so on, but a clanless arguably has developed his/her own system by then to create their own advantage while in the beginning, a clanless only possess the basic skills)

I have been giving the understanding that turning your character's custom skills into a clan in future is possible. So you are like a creator if you survive long enough and you wish to do that.

And ultimately it's more on preference to choose clan or be a clanless.

Quote :
Off the top of my hat, of the current playing chars, there's only Nomaru and Akira that are clanless. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Ryochoku is clanless. Being a noble doesn't give him any shinobi power in his blood nor his noble house had developed any sort of special ninja technique like the Nara clan. Masamune Hayate is clanless too, the son of an ordinary blacksmith.

While I do agree with you that some clans are more like personal prowess in a certain skil(I mean...any two persons with wrestling training can do the Aay-Bee Double Lariat), I guess they just want to fill each village with some basic stuffs rather than forcing people to all go clan-less there. Although personally, I have always preferred to have a third option(aside from choosing a clan or go clanless) of letting the player to create a custom clan on the less-known village. They are less covered in canon anyway(and not like this is canonverse anyway), there should be tons of unknown clans in there.
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:41

Uzumaki Kenshi wrote:
Of course I did. It was just a question for you :PCuz I don't see that merrit in his page

This is true, I don't think I took the clan merit. I asked mr.admin about it and he say it's fine to not take it. Technically, I would consider Ryochoku clanless. The Tenshu Spy Network merit is nothing but a custom merit, which every character can create if they wanted to(admin said so), I just take the initiative to be the first one to do so. I also created a flaw too.
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:44

Do custom merrits cost more points?
Back to top Go down
Tenshu Ryochoku

Tenshu Ryochoku

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:45

The admin assigns them. That spy network is 3 and Late Bloomer(allowing me to start at 16) is 1.
Back to top Go down
Uzumaki Kenshi

Uzumaki Kenshi

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:46

Mmmm, maybe for my next char I will also think of some custom merits Smile
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:58

This game is... interesting!!!
Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 Best-of-anime-2012-hyouka

(Props to anyone who gets this reference Razz)
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 12:59

We indeed wanted to give represent each village with a certain vibe and options. Kumo is big on being a tight knit family, as displayed when a captured kumo nin refused to give Team Taka info on Bee, the Village eagerly went to war over defending Bee, Aay and Bee are not the only ones with a tag team mentality, the katana duo also uses it and this. 

Iwa is a very warlike village and their clan shows this in their clans being capable of great offense and having a stubborn nature. Juugo's clan abilities, Explosive, and Lava are pretty destructive and their mindset is based on being immovable in their determination.

Kiri on the other hand operates like the sith empire, with Kage and other important positions being overtaken by assassinating or removing your predecessor. Zabuza tried to kill Yagura, Mei Terumi presumably succeeded, the several 7 swordsmen were killed by their apprentices, academy students killed each other to become genin. Basicly it's one big survival of the fittest extravaganza.
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 18:15

And for Kumo there is no certainty yet Green Smile
Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 22:45

Green Admin wrote:
Deidera's and Gari's abilites aren't learned since special elemental releases are something you're born with, Deidera only added those mouths of his, as for the boil and lava, Mizukage stated herself that they were bloodlines, the iron sand is an advanced form just like how Gaara started manipulating gold dust and Sakura's strength is decedent from the Senjuu clan through Tsunade Razz

Couple of things: While explosion release is something special you have to be born with to be able to use it, Deidara's explosive clay is self learned. He came up with it, as you say, by that kinjutsu (forbidden technique) he stole. You know, those freaky though awesome mouths.

And now you say yourself that Sakura's strength IS learned and is thus not a bloodline limit. :p Which I agree with, but is that what you meant though?

And Ryochoku, yes, that's another way to look at it. And thanks for the thumbs up, haha. I wasn't sure if I could specify your char as clan-less, that's why I didn't initially mention him.
Back to top Go down
Green Admin

Green Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 22:57

he gave his own twist to it yes, but the explosion release itself is a bloodline, In this setting Tsunade combined her senjuu DNA with Sakura's ofspring to resurrect the senjuu clan under a different name. They only inherited Tsunade's traits however and not the full senjuu ability
Back to top Go down
Blue Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 22:57

Actually Akira, the mouths he got from the Kinjutsu, the explosive chakra from a Kekkai Genkai.
So the clay is not the kekkai Genkai, but the explosion is. ^^

Back to top Go down
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 14 Jul - 23:20

I realize that, Blue, isn't that what I wrote down? The mouths are the forbidden technique (=kinjutsu). The explosion release is what he's born with. The explosive clay is his own creation. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Jul - 23:15

I'll try to do a post today my dear team #3 members! :PGot a lot of work on my hands this week but I'll find the time today.

Edit: today really. Sorry, been busy with work..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Jul - 1:46

I am not sure but for some reason I hold on to the theory that this Iwa Kinjutsu is actually a form of Yin release much like that of the Nara clan mixed in with the knowledge of animation-techniques which were kinjutsu created by the Chikamatsu Clan of Suna, the one that Chiyo used on Gaara to ressurect him.

The jutsu that could give life to inanimate objects but at the cost of ones life-force, but perhaps if you give only temporary and limited life to something it doesn't cost you your whole life and maybe you get it back if the thing you made alive dies while you yourself are still alive.

Also the kinjutsu reminds me a bit of Sai's sealing techniques where he uses specially prepared scrolls and a sealing technique passed down to him by Danzou (who I assume is his father actually) with which he temporarily gives life to his drawings using them as Jutsu.

The mouth I believe aren't a direct part of the kinjutsu but rather something he added himself in order to be able to create more unit's at once.
I mean, making 2 creatures with one mouth.....he could make 8 with the mouths's he has in the same time.
So the added mouth's could just be and probably are just for handiness, much like how Sasori transformed himself into a puppet in order to give him an advantage in combat, much like Deidara would add other people's mouth's into his body to give him some benefit in battle.

Back to top Go down
https://neonaruto.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Jul - 1:57

Sorreh for the double post.

On the subject of the Haruno Clan.

The Haruno Clan holds a bloodline limit, a kekei genkai for chakra control and defensive senses.
This is something they inherited from the Senjuu bloodline.
It is this exceptional chakra control that allows them to perform the Gouwan-Strong Arm technique from day one. Indeed knowing that Sakura doesn't have the bloodline her daughter Sakena does, but still utilized the Gouwan means the technique can be learned.
But it requires an extremely high level of chakra control mixed with low amounts of chakra, meaning that only a select few who undergo special monitored training and that limit themselves as to how much stamina they poses are able to utilize the technique under certain conditions. This is true.
But that is like saying that a 12 year old lifting 300 kg is not impressive at all or special becuase ARNOLD could do it when he was in his prime without breaking a sweat.
The Gouwan isn't the bloodline limit, nor are the healing techniques.
The superb chakra control and increased defensive reflexes are.
This mixed with their medical and taijutsu training they receive from their clan allows them the use of the rest of it.

Sakena was literally the first to hold this Kekei Genkai, it being the youngest one around.
You could just as well call this Clan Senjuu....(no Senjuu were not wood users, the 1st was unique in this)...but then their emphasis on medical techniques as pushed by Tsunade and the fact that Sakura was the one to bear the first offspring in all of this made them reconsider using the old name and as a tribute to Sakura the 5th decided to give it her family name, Haruno.
Haruno are trained and hold emphasis on medical techniques but have the capability to excel at all shinobi arts, much like the Senjuu did before.
Back to top Go down
https://neonaruto.rpg-board.net
Sakurai Akira

Sakurai Akira

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Jul - 5:26

Aha, thanks for the explanation. At least I know now for certain that the Haruno clan is indeed forum-only. Wink Then again, it's like that with many things. The art is to be able to appreciate both the canon-universe and the forum-universe for their own qualities. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hatake Houtarou

Hatake Houtarou

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Jul - 5:34

All right team #3, I finally posted. Sorry for it taking so long, but was quite busy work as many people are on vacation now...

On that note, I'm going too, but I'll have internet and the posibility to post after all.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be on much, but enough to post when it is my turn, so no worries there. =)

Anyway, hope that post is good and there's nothing wrong with it!

Nomaru, you're going to talk to a dog who suddenly appears in front of you through mist. Hope you she won't be shocked. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genin Graduation Exam Event   Genin Graduation Exam Event - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genin Graduation Exam Event
Page 21 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 35  Next